Welcome to What Fir! Tree Farm. We're excited about seeing our ‘old’ and ‘new’ friends this year. Our farm produces some of the most beautiful and healthy 4 – 12 ft Fraser Fir Christmas Trees in the region. How healthy? Well, we haven’t sprayed any pesticides or herbicides here for almost 5 years! Our goal is to make your holiday season joyful and bountiful while keeping our environment whole. For more info about trees, including care instructions, click here.
If you’ve been here before you’ll see many familiar faces this year – most of our staff has been working with us for since we opened. Yes, Bobby and Nathanial will be up in the tree lot, Babe, Ruby, Phoenix, and the 2 Nancys will help you in the gift shop. We’re all happy to help you in any way. And of course we’ll take a family picture for you and give you a cup of hot apple cider.
What’s new in 2012?
- We’ve got an abundance of larger size trees! This means that any tree over 6-7’ is $5 less than last year. This is the first price change we’ve had in over 5 years, and the price is going down instead of up!
- Several local artists and crafters will have their work in our shop. Look for pottery, jewelry, stained glass, and other quality gifts for family and friends. Click here for more info on our Gift Shop
- We now have a large lot with ‘unshorn’ trees, ones that haven’t been sheared in 2+yrs and have a more open, natural look.
- We’ve found a great source for white pine garland, and should have a good supply this year.
- Look for more entertainment! Besides our hayride, sledding, and hiking, we’re adding other activities to make your season merrier.
- Live demos of wreath making and decorating in our back room.
Located on top of Cove Creek Ridge in Boone, NC, What Fir! is within a 2 hour drive from: Blowing Rock, The Triad (Greensboro, Winston-Salem, and High Point), Charlotte, and Asheville in NC: The Tri-Cities in TN; and Abingdon and Marion, VA. Please go to our Directions page for information on how to find us.
Our wreaths are locally produced, many right in the back room, and range in size for 4” (for candles) to 4’! Get a plain fraser fir wreath or a mixed one with boxwood and pine added. All of our wreaths, swags, and other greenery are decorated by our talented staff. Step into the back room and watch our watch them do their magic. Don’t forget to check out our Bow Tree and pick a special one for your decorations. Please call ahead for custom, large quantities or special sizes of wreaths. Large sizes or quantities can take from several minutes to several hours to put together.
Be sure to 'like' us on Facebook (What Fir Tree Farm) for up to date weather info and more about what’s happening.
Please remember to dress warmly when you visit. What Fir’s elevation is at 4000 ft above sea level (downtown Boone is at 3300’). It’s often sunny and 45 degrees in Boone, and snowing and 30 degrees on top of the mountain at What Fir. To check local weather please go to Ray’s Weather Center and click on the Rich Mountain page.
We are all looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.
What Fir! Tree Farm
330 Wolf Ridge Trail, Boone, NC 28607
(Map Quest, Google & your GPS may not be accurate. Use our written directions instead.)
Office: 828-297-4646 | 828-406-9186